Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What age is the 'maximum' for a guy with ns to join civil service for it to be 'worth it'?

If I am 28/turning 29 is it still worth joining or will I 'lose out' compared to younger people who have more chances to get promoted?
i join at the age of 30 at entry grade. lose out a lot compared to my peers and whoever join earlier even they grad later than me. my pay is a 4-digit difference to my peers, no joke. my pay is only slightly higher than a fresh grad.

those who join earlier when they first grad will get promoted first, so at 28/29, highly likely they get 1 promotion already while i got to wait for my turn, which is 4 years wait, earliest 3 years.

i'm treated as a mid-career job wise, but promotion wise, i have to wait at the end of the Q. it does affect my morale sometimes.

do note i'm comparing farmers, same uni, same course, same dept, same class honours. not sure if it's same for all statboard/ministries.

in case someone ask why i get so low pay, i got no chips to bargain my pay as i'm severely underpaid in private.