Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
It is hard to say how much more you need to be able to live in a condo as that is a factor of your networth and savings and not just your income.

However, you can see for the link below what is the average household income by type of dwelling to get a sense what others are earning.

[.singstat.gov.sg/statistics/browse_by_theme/.../time.../hhinc.xls[/

Cheer up ! this forum is good for amusement but the salaries are not representative of whole of Singapore . If we ever get to know who are doing the posting, we may have all have a big laugh !
Either big laugh or cry.

Why I say this is because I am a nobody, used to stay in HDB and thought everyone same as me. Then I upgraded to condo (long time dream) and my eyes opened up wide wide. People around me like very rich, drive big cars, some neighbours own more than 1 condos,
and retirees still driving and going for golf games. I can imagine their passive income more than my pay.

Some of the postings (boastings) are obviously for laugh, but I would not rule out others as not true. Using my income as reference and looking at my bosses at various levels, I find some of the postings credible. Eg two professionals married to each other -SVP in bank and Director in Civil Service can easily earned combined income of $600K pa. I know one of my bosses earn over $300K pa and wife is an AD in Stat board.