Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It seems tat u learned a lot during ur stay there so I tink its was still worth it ba. Functional role? Can to share some generic details? Seems like the policy work folks still remain highly employable in the context of the public sector despite 1 year break in btw.
Right now it's more of project management, where we execute pre-determined policy directions and do liaison work with external counterparts. More operational, but with some leeway for our own improvisation where applicable. Like I mentioned, the SB is quite large and there is possibility to join other departments to do other areas of work after 3 years. I foresee myself staying for as long as I possibly can.

Given the shock and exposure from the first job, you will learn to appreciate your next one better. Haha at least that's the case for me. As for employability, not necessarily so. Like I mentioned, I applied for 3 SB positions, the 2 who rejected me had the same job scope as my first job. (my own theory is that they know the nature of the job causes people to burn out quite fast, and they probably will prefer hiring fresh grads). Given the niche nature of the job, it was also near impossible to find a similar role in the private sector, thus going back to PS was the clearest choice.