Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, im an undergrad about to enter the workforce soon. applied with some govt agency.. so far one got back to me and they asked me to attend a written test. I am also instructed to bring along my o'lvl and a'lvl certs among other things.

my question is why do they need my o and a'lvl cert? does it affect their hiring decision? I am concerned that it might affect my chances as i came from a really mediocre sec/jc and pretty average results.

The dept i applied for is quite popular i think... dont think it is reserved for scholars, but the entry requirement is pretty stringent.. so im worried that my sec/jc or o/a lvl result might count against me.

Anybody can share their tots regarding this?
Since you are fresh grad, of course they'll look at O and A level certs... these are your only track record so far.

Don't worry so much, as they have already called you up for interview, I think the face-to-face counts more. Don't let the worry affect your interview, and appear confident and eager to take up the job. Read up more about the dept and current policies relevant to it. Be prepared with some opinions (not too far off the official positions, of course!)