Compare civil service salary - Page 416 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Citibank Lazada Credit Card, Free $150 Lazada Vouchers* - Click to Apply Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4151 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 16
Wisely is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true that CS/PS focus on the honours that an applicant has?

I'm 35, currently earning 8.5k with pass degree. But regardless of what position I applied for, from senior executive to DD level, none got back to me.

Anyone knows?
What is your annual remuneration package? What industry? I think you are doing fine now. Why do you want to switch to cs/ps?

Reply With Quote
  #4152 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
What is your annual remuneration package? What industry? I think you are doing fine now. Why do you want to switch to cs/ps?

Annual around 130kpa.

I'm looking for work life balance.

Reply With Quote
  #4153 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Annual around 130kpa.

I'm looking for work life balance.
8.5k, with annual of 130k is the ceiling of mx11a.

CS is very selective when it comes to appointing pple at mx10 and above. This could explain why you didn't get replies for DD position.

What industry are you in? What's your job function?

Reply With Quote
  #4154 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

8.5k is not a lot. Average household income is more than 10k already. If a sole breadwinner earns 8.5k, the household income would be below average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Annual around 130kpa.

I'm looking for work life balance.
Reply With Quote
  #4155 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In my opinion, MX10 (SAD/DD) is a middle management position.
it's the position where most people stagnant; no power one. The Director the one making the decisions and AOs typically know what they want. DD takes charge of execution.
Reply With Quote
  #4156 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true that CS/PS focus on the honours that an applicant has?

I'm 35, currently earning 8.5k with pass degree. But regardless of what position I applied for, from senior executive to DD level, none got back to me.

Anyone knows?
It might be due to competition.
There may be many applicants who have stronger credentials than you.
You may wish to find opportunities to strengthen you resume.

Or perhaps they need time to reference check.
Reply With Quote

  #4157 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all, im an undergrad about to enter the workforce soon. applied with some govt agency.. so far one got back to me and they asked me to attend a written test. I am also instructed to bring along my o'lvl and a'lvl certs among other things.

my question is why do they need my o and a'lvl cert? does it affect their hiring decision? I am concerned that it might affect my chances as i came from a really mediocre sec/jc and pretty average results.

The dept i applied for is quite popular i think... dont think it is reserved for scholars, but the entry requirement is pretty stringent.. so im worried that my sec/jc or o/a lvl result might count against me.

Anybody can share their tots regarding this?
Reply With Quote
  #4158 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, im an undergrad about to enter the workforce soon. applied with some govt agency.. so far one got back to me and they asked me to attend a written test. I am also instructed to bring along my o'lvl and a'lvl certs among other things.

my question is why do they need my o and a'lvl cert? does it affect their hiring decision? I am concerned that it might affect my chances as i came from a really mediocre sec/jc and pretty average results.

The dept i applied for is quite popular i think... dont think it is reserved for scholars, but the entry requirement is pretty stringent.. so im worried that my sec/jc or o/a lvl result might count against me.

Anybody can share their tots regarding this?
Since you are fresh grad, of course they'll look at O and A level certs... these are your only track record so far.

Don't worry so much, as they have already called you up for interview, I think the face-to-face counts more. Don't let the worry affect your interview, and appear confident and eager to take up the job. Read up more about the dept and current policies relevant to it. Be prepared with some opinions (not too far off the official positions, of course!)
Reply With Quote
  #4159 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true that CS/PS focus on the honours that an applicant has?

I'm 35, currently earning 8.5k with pass degree. But regardless of what position I applied for, from senior executive to DD level, none got back to me.

Anyone knows?
8.5K is AD level at stat board, SAD, Junior DD level at Ministry. Dun bother with senior executive. You need good references to get you into such positions or very niched skill set. For policies positions, you may want to get reference letters from Admin Service bosses. For functional positions, you need to demonstrate that you have at least X+5 years of experience doing whatever you are doing, when X is the no. of years stated in the job ad. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #4160 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since you are fresh grad, of course they'll look at O and A level certs... these are your only track record so far.

Don't worry so much, as they have already called you up for interview, I think the face-to-face counts more. Don't let the worry affect your interview, and appear confident and eager to take up the job. Read up more about the dept and current policies relevant to it. Be prepared with some opinions (not too far off the official positions, of course!)
You just need to top the written test. The rest don't count at all. That's how fresh grads are evaluated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,080 Replies, 496,797 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,340 Replies, 2,568,582 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 282 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,276 Replies, 902,856 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
658 Replies, 207,776 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,641 Replies, 1,596,414 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 48,708 Views
FEE PE Exam ( Electrical )
2 Replies, 1,746 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,722 Replies, 792,376 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 2,452 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,604 Replies, 262,280 Views
React / Node JS Developer,...
0 Replies, 58 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 11,724 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,053 Replies, 5,559,640 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,169 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,882 Replies, 1,078,458 Views
Job Search hacks ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 1,638 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,063 Replies, 1,282,353 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 172,604 Views
Asking for salary advice in IT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 2,950 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,283 Replies, 1,897,392 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice...
6 Replies, 294 Views
Salary range for MX11a in Ministry
9 Replies, 1,069 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
382 Replies, 284,866 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
365 Replies, 248,693 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
461 Replies, 87,234 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 22,256 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,172 Replies, 961,543 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2