Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2014, 07:32 PM

in3deep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my mindset here

1st week listing many job applications onto careers@gov portal
2nd - 4th week waiting for applications to flow in
5th week shortlisting of candidates/ another round of listing many job applications
6th week conducting interview
7th week background checks
8th week offering.

8th week will be the crucial. If nv hear the news by this week, they forgotten you as they will start shortlisting another batch of candidates.

I got one interesting experience. Not from govt but from a info company called Bloomberg. they called me up for 1st round of interview. Then one month later, they called me up for 1st round of interview for that same position. Sound similar? i think the HR system gone haywire. Imagine small HR recruitment team in each agency need handle hundreds or thousands of applications.
My experience

Week 0 - submit application
Week 2 - called for 1st intw
Week 3 - had 1st intw
Week 4 - called for 2nd intw
Week 5 - had 2nd intw
Week 6 - call from hr asking how's my job search n if I have gotten any other offers... Tells me application on hold due to some strategy/restructuring.. Says regardless will get back to me in 2 weeks to update me whether they proceeding with hiring or if position is closed due to restructuring
Week 8 - no news...