Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by in3deep View Post
were u employed or unemployed at that time?

mine they called and asked hows job search coming along and told me, they will give me update in 2 weeks.. i did tell them i haven got any job offers yet

but lets say if this drags on and i tell them i dun have job offer, they might wonder why no one else want me, if i say i got job offer, they might ask me to accept that if im in a rush etc
keep applying and go for interviews while you wait. i've been through these for the past few months ever since last exam and i understand that it's tiring to go through the process over and over again.

i waited for close to 2 months for a 2nd interview that never took place - several follow-ups with hr telling me that it will be arranged but then no news again. but still continued not to place so much focus on it by applying for other jobs in the mean time.

just gotten an offer last week from another company and i'm gng for an interview at a stat board tmr

a word of encouragement for you - persevere!