Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys!

I am seeking your opinion. I have been going for govt job interviews actively since early July and finally there is 1 which called and offer me. I will say that the salary and the benefits they offered me are rather good. The factors which I am considering will be the actual job scope and the location. I am not very much into staff engagement kind of role.

As such, they have asked me to go ahead with the medical review. However, I remembered 1 or 2 interviews which I went previously were good, and I might be able to get the job, just that 1 of which mentioned they are already at the end part of seeking approval to inform me about the final offer, the other 1 is that I just recently went for the interview and it requires them about 1-2 weeks time to get back to the candidates.

The job which is at the end of seeking approval to offer me has been ongoing for about 1 month or so, however, the salary they mentioned openly, is not as attractive as the job which already called and offer me!

As for the one which I just went for the interview, I do not know how much are they offering me.

I have to reply the job which offered me by early next week.

What will you guys choose?

1) Take up the job which offered me, just that the job scope and location which I might not be that comfortable, but the salary is good

2) Wait for the job which is at their end of seeking approval and offering me soon, but their salary is much lower. Job scope is ok and the location is super near my house

3) Continue waiting for the job which I most recently went for their interview. They said they will try their best to get back to me by next Wed as I already mentioned to them that I have received offer from another company.

4) Just continue sourcing for jobs as I also just applied for 2 new posts which I am very comfortable with the job scope. Location is also ok, but I do not know anything about their salary and benefits.

Will appreciate some advice from you guys please!! Thanks..
How confident are you in getting the other two jobs? Since you do not like the job scopes, no point accepting ? My advice would be to wait everything till wednesday morning. If not received, go call to check with the HR dept for both once again. If they still dragging, you can consider accept the first job offer in the afternoon.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app