Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, prior to SAF, I was with MOE for 7 years, SAF matched my pay and I got increment (after confirmation, merit increment and salary adjustment) after a year which totalled to slightly above $4k. Are you surprised cuz the pay is too low or too high? I am in the DXO scheme, I find SAF pay package rather competitive actually. Not sky high, but you know, you wouldn't starve. Yes, the new MNC offered me slightly higher than my current pay, few hundreds. From what I know, those in corporate finance earns MUCH MORE. I am not sure if it is considered reasonable.

Yes, we have the intention to settle there for a year and look for survival jobs. Both of us will not be resigning, if things really isn't greener on the other side, we will return. We are both young, and actually looking forward to a different lifestyle and experience.

Having been in the education sector for 7 years, I really do not wish to put my son under the system that I have painstakingly wanted to forsake. I must iterate that it is not because we cannot make it, but we prefer our son to grow up in a different system.

You see, creativity cannot be taught, but it can be killed. Singapore is really good at doing that, at least that's what I think.

To my knowledge, many others have migrated, check out fb grps on migration issues. I believe many of us started out with the same intention. Life isn't rosy in Canada, Oz, NZ, USA... but if u ask me, life isn't rosy anywhere else. I think you get what I am trying to say.

It doesn't mean that migrants who complained about their country are pple who cmi. I am not helping them, I am just painting a realistic picture for *some elitist idiots* here. People will tell you to 'stop dreaming', people will cautioned you against your decision by putting you down... ultimately, we are quite bent on leaving Yes, tough road ahead, but we are hopeful
I was surprised because you've no HR experience before you joined SAF (correct me if I am wrong) and they are paying 4k+ for an individual with no experience and no related education on the job field. If this is correct, SAF is paying you far far better then alot of other companies. It might also not be a good comparison with corporate Finance roles as their roles are completely different.

The starting period at Canada would really be tough especially at this level of your career and that you are at a new environment with no job. However, you seem very sure of your decision to migrate to Canada. Hence, I could only say to tough it out and all the best!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app