HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? - Page 72 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why blame Singapore when you cannot make it here and want to migrate? Just quietly go lor, no need to blame others.

You are not even talking sense here. You told us you are a “lowly clerk” and prepared to look for blue collar jobs and at the same time get angry when someone call you a clerical worker. What is wrong with being a clerical worker? My mum was also an accounts clerk and I never hear her get angry if someone calls her a clerk or clerical worker.

So you admit you are dreaming and other tell you to stop dreaming you get all wound up and annoy? For what? You ask for advice and then get angry when people tell you not practical. Your problem is not about dreaming or migration or even being a clerk, you have much more serious emotional problems underneath.

Grow up and stop whining please.
Hello Mr Negative Jerk, thanks for the laughs. Your advise is so childish even I can tell our a 3 year old kid trying to talk rot. Go back and drink ur milk plz.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, prior to SAF, I was with MOE for 7 years, SAF matched my pay and I got increment (after confirmation, merit increment and salary adjustment) after a year which totalled to slightly above $4k. Are you surprised cuz the pay is too low or too high? I am in the DXO scheme, I find SAF pay package rather competitive actually. Not sky high, but you know, you wouldn't starve. Yes, the new MNC offered me slightly higher than my current pay, few hundreds. From what I know, those in corporate finance earns MUCH MORE. I am not sure if it is considered reasonable.

Yes, we have the intention to settle there for a year and look for survival jobs. Both of us will not be resigning, if things really isn't greener on the other side, we will return. We are both young, and actually looking forward to a different lifestyle and experience.

Having been in the education sector for 7 years, I really do not wish to put my son under the system that I have painstakingly wanted to forsake. I must iterate that it is not because we cannot make it, but we prefer our son to grow up in a different system.

You see, creativity cannot be taught, but it can be killed. Singapore is really good at doing that, at least that's what I think.

To my knowledge, many others have migrated, check out fb grps on migration issues. I believe many of us started out with the same intention. Life isn't rosy in Canada, Oz, NZ, USA... but if u ask me, life isn't rosy anywhere else. I think you get what I am trying to say.

It doesn't mean that migrants who complained about their country are pple who cmi. I am not helping them, I am just painting a realistic picture for *some elitist idiots* here. People will tell you to 'stop dreaming', people will cautioned you against your decision by putting you down... ultimately, we are quite bent on leaving Yes, tough road ahead, but we are hopeful
I was surprised because you've no HR experience before you joined SAF (correct me if I am wrong) and they are paying 4k+ for an individual with no experience and no related education on the job field. If this is correct, SAF is paying you far far better then alot of other companies. It might also not be a good comparison with corporate Finance roles as their roles are completely different.

The starting period at Canada would really be tough especially at this level of your career and that you are at a new environment with no job. However, you seem very sure of your decision to migrate to Canada. Hence, I could only say to tough it out and all the best!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Hi, prior to SAF, I was with MOE for 7 years, SAF matched my pay and I got increment (after confirmation, merit increment and salary adjustment) after a year which totalled to slightly above $4k. Are you surprised cuz the pay is too low or too high? I am in the DXO scheme, I find SAF pay package rather competitive actually. Not sky high, but you know, you wouldn't starve. Yes, the new MNC offered me slightly higher than my current pay, few hundreds. From what I know, those in corporate finance earns MUCH MORE. I am not sure if it is considered reasonable.

Yes, we have the intention to settle there for a year and look for survival jobs. Both of us will not be resigning, if things really isn't greener on the other side, we will return. We are both young, and actually looking forward to a different lifestyle and experience.

Having been in the education sector for 7 years, I really do not wish to put my son under the system that I have painstakingly wanted to forsake. I must iterate that it is not because we cannot make it, but we prefer our son to grow up in a different system.

You see, creativity cannot be taught, but it can be killed. Singapore is really good at doing that, at least that's what I think.

To my knowledge, many others have migrated, check out fb grps on migration issues. I believe many of us started out with the same intention. Life isn't rosy in Canada, Oz, NZ, USA... but if u ask me, life isn't rosy anywhere else. I think you get what I am trying to say.

It doesn't mean that migrants who complained about their country are pple who cmi. I am not helping them, I am just painting a realistic picture for *some elitist idiots* here. People will tell you to 'stop dreaming', people will cautioned you against your decision by putting you down... ultimately, we are quite bent on leaving Yes, tough road ahead, but we are hopeful
Keep your head high and stay positive.

I have a friend used to work in Mitsubishi as air con technician. In the end he was transfered to UK as senior technician to recognise his good performance at more than double the pay and the co pay for his housing and car rent.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was surprised because you've no HR experience before you joined SAF (correct me if I am wrong) and they are paying 4k+ for an individual with no experience and no related education on the job field. If this is correct, SAF is paying you far far better then alot of other companies. It might also not be a good comparison with corporate Finance roles as their roles are completely different.

The starting period at Canada would really be tough especially at this level of your career and that you are at a new environment with no job. However, you seem very sure of your decision to migrate to Canada. Hence, I could only say to tough it out and all the best!
Take the story with a pinch of salt. She flip flop quite often.

First say 5 years MOE + 1 year SAF $4k + unemployed & intervewing with local mnc. Later say is not local mnc but a mnc with many headquarters around the world. Then claim she is working in a reputable organization at close to 5k. Latest change is say worked in MOE for 7 years and offered few hundred more.

I also find the part about SAF matching her pay without relevant experience with just a part time degree odd, the rate at which she got confrimation, salary and merit increment to increase to $4k+ also very fast.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

First say 5 years MOE + 1 year SAF $4k + unemployed & intervewing with local mnc. Later say is not local mnc but a mnc with many headquarters around the world. Then claim she is working in a reputable organization at close to 5k. Latest change is say worked in MOE for 7 years and offered few hundred more.

I also find the part about SAF matching her pay without relevant experience with just a part time degree odd, the rate at which she got confrimation, salary and merit increment to increase to $4k+ also very fast.
Go get a life and stop stalking people on this thread, she just wants to start a positive life overseas. Your sour grapes just because you are stuck in this tiny island.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

stop the whining and personal attacks. no sense of shame.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

These are all small errors that are not important. You are just being deliberately nit picking trying to put her down because of the overwhelming support she got from here. Maybe you are jobless that’s why got the time to keep harassing people here.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Many sinkies here only know how to complain in forum, when they see someone brave enough to migrate, they get jealous and start attacking the person out of sour grape. I got the same treament last year when I went aussie, now really enjoying myself here and making much higher salary even though the working hours much lesser than Sg.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

If you don’t want to help, just STFU seriously. Very childish to resort to personal attacks when you loose the internet war.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

100sheets is on a distinguished road

https://forums.salary.sg/marketplace-...9-hr-jobs.html