Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Gotten a perm job very quickly after exams cos I work diligently during my final year in related field, establishing relationships and gaining experience

What I'm amazed is that fresh grads these days are way out of touch
Their expectations r up the sky when seriously a degree is like just a o lvl cert these days
Agreed. Throw a stone in a street and you will very likely hit a graduate nowadays. Many who carried high expectations will later find themselves disappointed and disillusioned.

Going through this thread, there are also many who clamor for the "prestige" of banking roles. It's just blind faith. Not all banking roles are the same. Those in back office will find it extremely difficult to move to front office. Moreover, they are fighting with many of their colleagues in back office pinning for the same move. There are only so many roles in front office. Jobs in front office are usually given to the people who have relevant experience and common network. A banking role may provide common company background, but not necessarily common experience and network. If front office banking job is the ultimate goal, a first job in banking sector may not be the only path. Just my 2 cents.