Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Then I count myself lucky for not being surrounded by such people.

Condo's are definitely a way to a better life but it does not mean the residents there have been elevated to a status beyond the common man. It just means you life in a better dwelling.

I don't tell people where I live, I let them judge me as it is and decide if I should keep their company or not. These are the people of better moral standing and reliability. But I guess that makes me the rare few?

I stayed in a HDB estate before, its not as bad as you say. Its all down to luck, if your condo neighbor was rented out to students or an unruly family you would face the same. Just on the papers the other day it showed a whole floor of HDB dwellers who shared the neighborly spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like it or not, I think it is quite true. Living in a condo is a strong status symbol, and we all know how differently people treat each other according to their status, superficial or not.

A condo is a gated community that separates you and your family from the rest of the public housing dwellers, granting you exclusivity of space. No longer will urine and trash greet you in that staircases and elevators, or unruly and inconsiderate neighbors.

It is well known that locals do look at you differently if you tell them you live in a condo, and for very good reasons.