Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

You can join the Marine industry
://.maritimecareers.com.sg/careers.php
://wdasingapore.blogspot.sg/2012/06/steering-his-way-to-maritime-career.html

There are opportunities for training for technician roles. Since you dislike selling, perhaps learning a skills to fix ships, equipment is the right choice for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needajob View Post
hi, i been jobless for close to 3 month now i going crazy already. im a diploma in engineering informatic but that was 10 yrs ago and i forget everything already, been in army as 3 yrs contract with extention till 2008 and been working as a second hand car salesman till jan 2014.
firstly i do not know what i want, i hate doing sales but that was one job that can earn if you don't have a degree in singapore. i love my saf days as we learn abit of this and that and teach army guys, bond was very good and no backstab etc... pay was decent and colleague is fantastic.
now that i out of job, can i ask what job should i get?
apply for dxo, spf, police warden, all got reject.
cisco is paying like 900? or 1300? i not sure but i not so sure i going that road..
i was earning 58k pa in saf and 65k pa in car sales, but things goes way down since car sales drop alot...
i know i have to start from beginning but i beg for someone to tell me which industry to go for, or a place that there is seldom backstabing, a place they give job training for a 32 year old ppl like me.. a 5day or 5 1/2day job, a job that can get above 2k.
i know i sound stupid for asking too much but i not so sure myself. can anyone advice me?
some told me to be hawker, some ask me to be construction worker, some ask me sell mlm product, i find very low potential in these few areas, yes i know some make it but its like 1 out of 1000.
i feel so useless right now.. i not sure if i did not study hard enough to go uni or i choose wrong path in my 10 yrs career.. but whats next for me? is it over for me in singapore? is it the end of the road for me?
i hope i can get some advice... pls.. guide me... what job or industry should i go for next...