Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quite a story you have there. How much were you earning in 2005, 9 years ago?

And not true that many car ownership cost $30k- $50k a year maybe only the expensive models that rich people own. For ordinary folks, especially those earning $100k - $150k pa, car ownership typically eats up about $10k + pa.

Cannot remember how much you save each year is it? How about how much you spend yearly? What high growth stocks you invested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In 2005, when property prices were low, I bought a landed property at a bargain price as the owner needs to let go fast. I sold it at its peak price last Dec and made profits of more than $1m. My timing was perfect and now landed property prices is falling. I then bought a 3 year old condo, 3 bedroom in the OCR for $1m, paid in full.

Over the years, since I don't own a car, I saved a lot of money. Many people spend $30k - $50k pa on their car, but I avoid such expenses and instead build up my savings for investments. I am good at investing in high growth stocks and blue chips. Now my investment portfolio is worth $1m and my dividend yield is about 4%.