Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

And I know many will advise me to sell and buy HDB but I honestly do not have that much faith that we can retire in future based on asset appreciation. It has worked so far but no guarantee it will in the future will PAP losing support and after LKY goes, international respect for Sg will be less too I predict as policies after him esp opening yhe foreigners floodgates may prove to be our downfall...as our jobs are eventually taken away our property price and economy may go into stagflation in future like developed countries like Japan and perhaps US and UK soon.High pay and high prices are not sustsinable and what goes up must come down.

If PAP remains in power, I guess their plan is to get more foreigners turned into citizens to shore up their votes and Sg may migrate and cash out like me. That will keep costs low and the economy growing. But they know many will stay that is why the social policies recently like Pioneer Gen, CPF life, minimum wages for some, cheaper housing and cars....

With the neighbouring competition from other countries, jobs are still the most important and hopefully in my kids generation, it will still be plentiful.