Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Whether you live in a condo or a HDB flat does not really matter as long as you are happy. If you can afford a condo, by all means, upgrade to a condo and enjoy. We are lucky to be Singaporeans as the majority of people here leads comfortable lives if they adjust their lifestyle according to their means. Look at the many countries in the world, just stop and ponder how fortunate we are. Be grateful and contented. Strive hard to improve your lives but not at the expense of quality family time and service to the community. Live a meaningful, balanced life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i live in a condo from which i upgraded from my 1st HDB. I did not feel that my social status has improved nor did i think families and friends now look up to me. Neither did i think that others who are staying in a condo are of higher social status than HDB dwellers. instead, ive never even thought of it until I chanced upon the postings here so I can't quite relate to why others would even think that way. nonetheless, i am happy to have moved into the condo as my family and I enjoy the facilities. the only negative is that I don't feel my estate being a good growing up environment for my young children as many of the units are rented out to foreigners and my children has little friends of similar age group within the estate.