Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does it make sense to leave Singapore for hometown in this scenario?
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

After reading through your brief background, I'm assuming you have a family business (for your family to be so well off and owns multi-million dollars property). My advice to you will be to return home and take over your family's business. Dude, if you're the head of a multi-million dollars business, it beats having a MBA hands down. After 3 - 5 years of heading the business, you can apply for E-MBA which will then be better suited to what you're doing - networking and crucial courses.

It'll fulfill your childhood dreams and solve your financial woes. If you like, you can bring over your family business and expand into Singapore when the timing is appropriate. You can definitely get a PR/Citizen if you do that. Like what the earlier poster had commented, having an MBA does not equate consulting jobs, nor better paying jobs. Ultimately, it's up to you who'll decide on your own career path.

P.S. I thought Indian men always can lord it over their wives? Talk to your wife, and she should be supportive if you wish to study MBA. She's just being selfish and wants to enjoy the life of the rich in my honest opinion.