Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious Qns for Bankers from a student-IB FO, hedge funds, PE etc
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi guys,

sorry for hijacking the thread. i know this is rather unrelated, but its its still in the finance industry. I m thinking of a mid career switch to priority banking, and am thinking of UOB privilege Banking onshore. Anybody has any idea about its culture? very aggressive sales targets?

I was just speaking to a friend s friend the other day and it sounded rather ominous. The cluster head had just mandated that everyone who failed to hit a minimum insurance target be required to stay back in the office everyday for night calls from 6-9pm daily, regardless if you ve a family. Also those who fail to meet the insurance target by end month have to pay a fine of $100.

Is this common practice in retail banks? I thought there s some kind of code of conduct, etc governing banks? I thought it sounded like product pushing. Can bosses just fine employees like that in singapore?
might want to try other banks. heard uob s culture is quite different from the rest....