Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious Qns for Bankers from a student-IB FO, hedge funds, PE etc
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi guys,

sorry for hijacking the thread. i know this is rather unrelated, but its its still in the finance industry. I m thinking of a mid career switch to priority banking, and am thinking of UOB privilege Banking onshore. Anybody has any idea about its culture? very aggressive sales targets?

I was just speaking to a friend s friend the other day and it sounded rather ominous. The cluster head had just mandated that everyone who failed to hit a minimum insurance target be required to stay back in the office everyday for night calls from 6-9pm daily, regardless if you ve a family. Also those who fail to meet the insurance target by end month have to pay a fine of $100.

Is this common practice in retail banks? I thought there s some kind of code of conduct, etc governing banks? I thought it sounded like product pushing. Can bosses just fine employees like that in singapore?
Welcome to the world of banking sales, you do have the choice of not joining. What's your current job?