Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Unregistered

Hi all, in a dilemma. Jobless for coming 5 months. Had unstable job history. Determined to get into a particular industry. So i was very selective in my applications and avoid agencies.

* I took quite some time to land my first job after graduation, turned out I had lots of OT n the pay wasn't justifiable for the hours/effort. I guess I got employed only cos of my low request in the pay back then. Left w/o a job. *

Found one 3 months later. Extremely hostile work environment. Couldn't sleep at night, hated going in for work and contemplated resigning many times. Turns out, the company let people go due to budget problems (start up-ish co) and i was one of them. *

Been searching since then, was offered something 2 months back but rejected it due to only 10 AL days and some other issues that made me feel uncomfortable. * The ironic thing is that I am being offered something now but it is at a much lower pay (bounced back to my first job's pay) and also at 10 days AL. How ridiculous is it that i rejected the offer back then only to end up a worse offer now? This is a small/med company and i will reporting to a foreign manager (locally based). *

Just felt the pay and AL are not what I want and there's communication issues due to the reporting manager's proficiency in English. I am afraid that if i accept the job i will feel resentment later on in the job due to not meeting my pay expectations. However, I am really worried that I won't be able to find a job soon since the graduates are joining the market soon. *

My concern is if this company doesn't work out for me again, my resume will be crap and labelled as a job hopper. Another part of me also think that since i have already waited for so long for a good opportunity to come by, why settle for something less now?

* Should I accept the job? They need to hire urgently and been chasing me for a reply. I am actually waiting to hear back from another company but was told that there will be 2 more rounds of interviews during the first interview. Not confident that i will make it but really keen to join them. Pay and AL should be more in this company cos they are operating under a MNC.