Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Rejected by UniSIM
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got a shock when i read the above posts..lol I graduated from local uni with good honours about 6 years ago and i can't believe this stupid,arrogant belief that JC students are "better" than poly students still exist in this day!! Looks like our education system hasn't changed much from the past

Guys, on behalf of all the working adults reading this forum, let me give it to you straight.
It doesn't matter whether you grad from poly, JC, local or private uni once you start working.
It's about your hard work, determination to succeed, intelligence, people skills, family background (think mum-dad sponsorship to study Masters in US, take over family business etc), connections. Nobody will freaking care you from which JC!!!
Yes yes. Tell that to my army regular friends. RJC>sign-on>cambridge>commissioned as captain>major. Took him only 7 years, including his studies. Compared to another friend from private uni instead, 7 years just promoted to captain only. Both on different tracks. Based on what? Their academic qualifications. Sorry, your argument is invalid in most workplaces where they favour those who have a better degree.