Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Did you also read in Straits Times today that 450,000 pioneer generation of Singaporeans are receiving aid for their medical expenses for their contributions to Singapore?

To qualify they have to be 65 years old and above. Many are living beyond 85!

It is difficult to retire when your stress level drop and you see that the money you saved and invested give you compounded returns year after year. Some more how to retire when you just upgraded from a Camry to a Merc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning,

I read in the papers someone died at 63.

I am 45 and already retired. Passive income more than enough to cover annual expenses. Now I am healthier, fitter and less stressed. Doctor said I will die young if I continued with my previous job lifestyle. So I decided to retire early given the millions in wealth. My work at home now involves investing, which is so much less stressful. My wealth is now growing at 10% pa. Debt free.

I dont drive as my condo is just next to an MRT station, which can bring me to town faster than driving and less headache without parking. I avoid the crowd as I travel at non peak hours. My expenses also plunged as I am not working in the CBD any more.

Besides investing, I keep my self busy in planning where is my next travel adventure. Also planning to take up many new sports.

Wish you luck.