Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

if you need to insist that you're successful and satisfied with life, you aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's all these bickering all about? Let me tell you guys. The successful dudes retire early and spend the rest of their lives enjoying the good life while doing some good in society.

When I first started working, I told myself that I will work hard and be a good investor so that I can retire early. I wanted to retire by 40. However, I could not do it earlier but I finally did when I was 43. Now I am 48, happily retired from the busy corporate world. Been there, done that.

Now I enjoy my stocks dividends, enough to feed my family. I spend time with the kids, educate them with right moral values and teach them how to invest like a pro. I work out in the condo gym and swim in the big empty pool. At times, I do some social work to tend to the poor. Best of all I go for holidays once in 3 months. Even though I am a MULTI millionaire, I drive a not-so-expensive conti car. I also take the bus and MRT. Why should I waste a million dollars on a sports car?