Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 3 Years without Honours or 4 Years with a 2nd Lower/3rd Class Honours?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ur suggestion is ideal, but hard to implement..

seriously guys, no point complaining.. this is the system, it wldnt change at least for the next 5 years, prob 50 years in reality. just suck it up man, all we can do is play within the system.

i have a 3rd class from NUS, and after hundreds of applications and only a few interviews at govt and MNCs, i realised this, people there only like to work with people like themselves. they themselves being scholars, 1st class and 2nd upper, can relate to the fresh grads with same qualifications more. their honest opinions of 3rd class, pass degree and non-ivy/local unis? "these guys are crap, dont waste my time." u may be darn hardworking, working full-time in the day and studying part-time at night. for 3 years, all ur time and money are spent on upgrading yourself for a better career. do u seriously think the HR chick cares? haha!! hard truth guys.

even u got in, there's a high chance of u not fitting in well and being stepped over at the bottom of the ladder. be realistic and abandon this "Singaporean Dream" if u really cant meet the cut. apply for the less "glamorous" posts, apply for SMEs, apply for boring jobs. stop comparing to your better-to-do peers. life is unfair. set your own definition of success, leave out career and big money. focus on more impt stuff like health, relationships and happiness.
No point complaining but we its worth to point out such existing elitists! We have poly/ITE students complaining abt JC students and neighbourhood schools mocking at elite schools.... I just wonder why the even more apparent elitist attitudes of good honours students (im not saying all of them are elitists) is being brushed or accept as hard truth. Truth is university grading system is even more unfair, inaccurate than A levels/ O levels/PSLE. Yet people choose to accept such unfairness as hard truths? What ********?