Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 3 Years without Honours or 4 Years with a 2nd Lower/3rd Class Honours?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yah.. But my point is that we at HR receive so many resume appying for 1 single position.. Where got time to read thru every single resume?? We'll just filter out all the 1st class honors and then shred the rest..
Those resumes with only one side printed on... we can even turn over to use the other side as rough paper or to put under our coffee cups at our desk... No matter how good you think you can perform for an interview.. You won't even get a chance to step in thru the door for an interview... Singapore is very pragmatic when it comes to academic performance.. No point ********ting that despite you get lousy grades in university but you are in fact super hardworking like contruction site Banglahs and super intelligent like Enstein.. Save the crap please...
hey HR, u r supposed to be looking for experienced candidates. there's something really wrong if all employers are looking for fresh grads.

if no good gpa, make it up by doing an internship somewhere, or have a portfolio. dun expect companies see ur modules' grade and call u say good morning can u come for interview. like that everyone who go uni no need to study already, just score a few modules and say i'm jin satki, can fill ur pockets with more cash with my grades.

pls hor, u have poor grades, make it up in your cover letter. that's ur only and last chance.