Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes easy living in Singapore, HDB has appreciated to 700k, no repayments from a combined income 120K per annum. Condo never lived in paid for by the tenants. Next when the kids get married we rent our HDB and move in to the kids HDB, and we can travel and enjoy the life with multiple sources of income. What other purpose can there be except to be happy?
Yes indeed. Our asset appreciation policy has worked well. Our HDB flat is meant to be our retirement asset as cash savings alone is not sufficient. Also good to have children as we can move in with them so that we can rent out our HDB flat. We must also support more FTs working in Singapore so that they can rent our flats. We should increase the ABSD higher for PRs buying condo so that they will not buy but instead rent our empty condos. Maybe increase to 30% or 40% ABSD.

My condo has also appreciated from $800k in 2006 to $1.4m today. I hope it will go up to $2m by the time I retire in 5 years time. I will then rent it out and live in my kid's penthouse. I will help to take care of my cute grandchildren. I will give the condo to my son when I die. Win-win for all.