Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which one?
Thread: which one?
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by warning View Post
thats what singaporeans like to believe but when I talk to foreigners (I've worked for two fortune 100 companies), no one has a clue about nanyang MBA but they've all heard of NUS.

about spending another year for undergrad - why not? what's the rush especially if your family isn't tight on money? if it means you get a better undergrad experience, I think it is well worth it. after all, you only do your undergrad once. there's more to school than going for lessons.

the problem with NTU undergrad business school is that it attract a whole lot of students who are in it primarily because it is 3 instead of 4 years. I see that the students are just so focused on getting that piece of degree as quick as possible that they forget about getting a full learning experience outside of the classroom. everything is about "what is the most useful thing that I should do that would make me earn the most money?" instead of finding out about your strengths and passions. in that aspect, I think NUS does a better job, maybe partly because a 4 year course gives you more space to explore and develop.

disclaimer: I did my undegrad at NTU but I have many, many friends who were from NUS.
Haha dun bluff, from your previous posts, you must be rejected from NTU biz and feeling sour about it. So you are in NUS biz? Okok, NUS is the best!!!

Just like one friend last time, apply to NTU, gt shortlisted for interview, say NTU definitely better....can complete in 3 years....why so silly go and pay money and do extra year blah blah.....

in the end, he got rejected by NTU.

but he got into NUS and then suddenly say, please! NTU where gt good, I spend one more year I can learn more....3 years too fast.....blah blah blah