Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which one?
Thread: which one?
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Banned

warning can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but for postgrad, Nanyang MBA has better international reputation and ranking. but well, why spend another year attaining the same thing
thats what singaporeans like to believe but when I talk to foreigners (I've worked for two fortune 100 companies), no one has a clue about nanyang MBA but they've all heard of NUS.

about spending another year for undergrad - why not? what's the rush especially if your family isn't tight on money? if it means you get a better undergrad experience, I think it is well worth it. after all, you only do your undergrad once. there's more to school than going for lessons.

the problem with NTU undergrad business school is that it attract a whole lot of students who are in it primarily because it is 3 instead of 4 years. I see that the students are just so focused on getting that piece of degree as quick as possible that they forget about getting a full learning experience outside of the classroom. everything is about "what is the most useful thing that I should do that would make me earn the most money?" instead of finding out about your strengths and passions. in that aspect, I think NUS does a better job, maybe partly because a 4 year course gives you more space to explore and develop.

disclaimer: I did my undegrad at NTU but I have many, many friends who were from NUS.