Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Account Assistant, Payroll Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Verified Member

shinii05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Yea..u are you. I too think that hospital being a so call statboard should pay higher to entice fresh graduates to join the already staff deprived healthcare sector. I was surprised when my friend with the hons degree told me that she was getting 2.6. For TS, I think it could be because your deg is non-local that is why they put u at a lower grade. My friends with local deg they head straight to executive position, but yours is an assistant position which is usually given to diploma holders. In that sense, I believe they pay u slightly higher like 400-500 dollars more for your degree while diploma holders get somewhere like 1.6 - 1.8. There is salary scheme they use to determine your starting salary and that is why I doubt they will allow you to negotiate as that could disrupt the entire system. My opinion is, healthcare is tiring and not as well paid as other sector. If you have the passion and heart to serve the community then can consider staying, otherwise, get the experience and hop elsewhere.
I also thought healthcare sector should pay higher too, cause I work at TTSH during my poly intern and the pay is $800. By right, a degree graduate should be higher since they already pay so much for poly intern. I am surprise that your friend is getting 2.6k since she is from local uni. I thought local degree should get >2.8k. The requirement of my position is O-level with 2 year exp, not min. diploma. I applied the position through Jobstreet and the salary range is actually around my expected salary of 2.5k, that I stated in Jobstreet, that why I applied for it. They should be ready to pay me my expected salary since they called me down for interview. But they offered me 2.2k because they said I did not have relevant experience and it is an account assistant position. Will try to nego for higher pay. If really can't, I still be working for the 6-month contract while looking for other job rather than be jobless with no income.