Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You may not want to be seen staying in a HDB, esp iif you have high class friends. The address you have in your mail is very important. You can only understand this if you are in this social circle. I will rent a condo any time to be accepted to be in this circle.
You see, that's the problem with people nowadays, especially the young ones. They succumb to peer pressure easily.

Why bother about how others think or judge you? Do you need other people's comment to make you feel good about yourself?

C'mon, only you know yourself inside out.

I have seen people living on a shoestring budget cos 50% of their take home went to service their housing loans, 25% went to service their car loan. They couldn't retire because they need the money to service their loans.

They missed the growing up years of their children, missed their birthday parties, missed their graduation ceremonies, missed their performance. All because they need to work to provide a living which they cannot afford comfortably. And when they are finally there, they realised how much of their life they have missed out.

Sometimes leading a simple life will make yourself happy.

I'm not saying you shouldn't live in private properties and drive conti cars. BUT do live within your means. Don't buy that conti on impulse, thinking that your salary will increase next year or you are expecting a big bonus etc. Buy only when you can afford it now and then.

Live within your means and be comfortable.