Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Extremely confused
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Verified Member

Fugutaiten is on a distinguished road
Default Extremely confused

Hi, I am currently serving NS and I have a reserved placing in NUS Chemical Engineering. However, after reading a few threads in this forum it seems that the prospect of being an engineer is low.

Personally, I chose Chemical Engineering because i was interested in the subject itself. However, when it comes to truly working as a chemical engineer, I'm having second thoughts about it. It seems being engineer job is very dangerous, risk. High risk and yet low return. I've seen some comments regarding about people switching from engineering to finance. But i wonder are these people the anomalies?

I wouldn't want to be working in an environment where i would be sweating, doing menial work and all the risky work. What I am looking for is finance sector(because of the nature of the industry the pay is higher), and office work where the pay is high(high increment and bonus). However, when it comes to the choosing of the course, im confused as well. I am not sure whether do i have the capability of doing very well in courses such as accountancy/business. Please advice. Thanks!