Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career switch from govt to private sector
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dun know where ur getting these strange ideas. 2.5k basic for a sales exec is for a fresh grad from a local uni., def not ITE fresh grad. Realistically assuming you can somehow survive the pte sector, average increment is only ~4% and promotion ~10%. You will need about 8 years to reach 2.5k if u can even secure a job at 1.7k (which is very high for a ITE starting).

Work out the maths yourself, like I say dun just have some vague idea you are going to be a high flier who will make it big. Dun forget also that in SPF its easy for you to do PT diploma and even secure a sponsorship, go outside u work long hrs hard to find time to study and still need to self fund ur studies.
hi TS, to be frank, the above quote is harsh but true.
public sector provides stable and generally good pay for its employees.
it is not easy to make it outside, not trying to pour cold water on you but its true after experiencing it myself, having a good degree.
a diploma will do you good in terms of promotion opportunities and enhancing your employability, and who knows, you might find your passion in studies and even pursue a degree and get emplaced to a senior police officer.
though its good to look on the positive side of going outside, the bros here are being genuine and encourage you to look at the potential negative sides and the reality outside.