Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Am I a loser or not
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2013, 08:50 PM
dives

Quote:
Originally Posted by damwiaf View Post
I am 29 yrs old (turning 30), with no family, no house, no car. Graduated with a Ph.D last year, working in a boring insurance industry with only 70k annual pay and no future. I feel I am totally a loser in my life.
The problem in Singapore is the materialism that is seen to be the driving force to excel, and if one is out of the race getting inspired is pretty tough. The sandwiched class (i.e middle class) who do not get a good job after years of studying and excelling in schools get disillusioned when they don't get what they believe to have earned.

You should go see some factual documentaries (BBC has many i.e Blood & Sweat series) or places around Asean where the really poor and destitute live on hand to mouth, for example a father of 3 living along under a shack breaking his back to feed his family. (Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, South Thailand take your pick)

And I say this not for you to give yourself a feel good sensation but something to inspire you to work harder and fulfill you potential.

Ultimately anyone who even ask if they're a loser is not because they don't earn enough it because they have no objective or measure of where they want their lives to be. I.e they lack inspiration so my advise is go get inspired.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app