Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much does a social media executive/manager earn?
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
I have just been offered the position of a social media & advertising executive for a research science center in Fusionpolis if any of you have heard of Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). I was asked what is my salary expectation by the professor but I myself am not sure because I don't know what's the market rate for a social media executive. I tried looking around here but it seems like this field is very rare.

I have 6 years of experience in social media marketing and I used to work for a famous digital media agency in hollywood and I have worked closely with high profile hollywood celebrities.

I'm in a dilemma because I have no idea how much should I list as my salary expectations. I thought of somewhere around $4.5k-$5k but for a starting pay, isn't it too high for a diploma holder? But if I mention $2.5-$3k, it seems too low, for my experience and skills? Does anyone have any idea how much does a social media executive earn say starting pay? And does qualifications over here play a huge part in the salary because it's not actually relevant if you look deeper because it's more of your skills rather than your cert. I would also like to know if there is any prospect in this field and how fast is a social media executive promoted and what's the difference between a social media executive and a social media manager? Because both titles seem like the same to me but I heard a social media manager earn much more and could earn up to five figures. Thinking of choosing this as my career so I would appreciate any valuable feedbacks!

Social media executive - starting pay?
Social media manager - starting pay?
if you got exp. then why don't you take your last drawn pay and mark up a 20%
that is what normal company HR does.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go