Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The truth is very simple. Statistically speaking excluding rare outliers, SIM peeps have no chance of getting into IB/PB. Everyone who has minimal work experience in a bank knows that. All these threads exist because peeps are not willing to accept the simple hard cold truth.

You have thread after thread asking the same question again & again. Eventually because of the sheer number of posts, you will eventually get 1 or 2 about some supposed UOL grad who made it big. All the peeps then latch on to what they want to hear and keep their dreams of greatness in FNB alive.

At the end of the day, it's just average people fantasizing about joining the league of the top 1% and willing to sieze on any example, rumour or hearsay to support their world view. The really good SIM grads would have moved on and experimented with alternative ways to outperforming the IB/PBs.
True, a friend of mine once worked in Ministry of Finance and asked about the prospect of UOL degree if he were to return to MoF after graduation. His boss told him that MoF do not recognize UOL as a degree and he will be on the diploma track. Such is reality.

It's actually really just Singapore.. If you don't mind expanding your job hunt overseas, then you may have better chance. I had extended my search to almost anywhere in the world. My sec sch friend pursuing his PhD in Oxford told me UOL is readily recognize in England. I believe it would be so too in countries outside of Singapore.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app