Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Just started my first full-time job, no friends at work does it spell disaster?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 AM
Verified Member

Lincoln88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter View Post
My manager is one year older than me but personally we have nothing much to say. She has a few good friends in the company who are also her subordinates. I don't mind if I can't click well with my manager but what I can't stand is that my manager is bias. Defending those who she likes and outcast those she doesn't like. Some managers really lack leadership skills. She's bitchy at times. And she gets promoted fast. Just because the senior mgt likes her. That's why I only stay a few months in the company. Luckily I found a new job.
Manager bias is the worst thing to tolerate and I personally experienced it before when I was working in McDonald as a school holiday job. Purposely don't let me learn new things and forever make me do the lobby kind of work like collecting trays, empty the rubbish then the other new staffs get all the chances to advance. Later when I reported this to the restaurant managers I felt great when I see those manages get scolding, I quitted after that.

How you explain to your next interviewer about your short stay in the company you left?

I'm actually thinking of leaving already but staying on because right now I'm just outcast but not so bad to the extend that I felt bullied or got bad remarks. In fact I gotten feedback and they feel that my performance is good just that the way I communicate to them is weird thus not able to click with the team.

Just because I don't click with them then I'm consider weird. I never encounter such thing before in all my previous work place, I just feel that our character and topics just doesn't fit that's all and not because I'm weird.

There are so many different kinds of people in this world and definitely there will be people you can't get along or just couldn't chit-chat with but I don't see them as weird.

Seem like I'm so much younger but actually look at things wider than them.

Last edited by Lincoln88; 01-05-2013 at 04:30 AM.