Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Best-Paying Jobs in Singapore (2008)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
insider--

Default 4305

Quote insider2 "the fact that MAS has the highest number of bond-breakers shows something doesn't it? Their scholars must be in high demand. They are poached by the banks. And now given this crisis, many are re-applying back to MAS.

EDB does execution work - that is true. The fact that they don't have much policy formulation does not mean that their work is menial. How can bringing in millions / billions of FAI for Singapore be menial?" Unquote

MAS has the highest number of bond breakers not because it's a place sizzling with fun and energy. Actual president's scholars gave the intelligence that it's a downtown. Gettit? The highest number of bond breakers are caused by the fact that many scholars come from well to do families.

I never once said that EDB's work is not useful to Singapore. We all have jobs to do. Please point out to me it has no use. I said that it does execution work as opposed to policy or plans, which you admitted.

As an analogy, in the Army every platoon and company that fights is crucial because all together they make up the force. It does not negate the fact that they do the execution of part of a larger plan and under policy directive of Joint Plans, Defence Policy Office, Future Systems in Mindef and so on.

MAS's "power" to quote Pinabonds who's sweating profusely now, and autonomy only extends to monetary policy. NOT fiscal policy. They do not do policy work.

What I said was stat boards do the execution work. Some stat boards have more autonomy than others, you're right, but they still come under ministries.

Autonomy level differs from each stat board, which further underlines my other point how they are individual entities which gives its staff no lateral movement.