Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Best-Paying Jobs in Singapore (2008)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
insider--

Default 4302

insider2, you are so hilarious you make me giggle in the middle of the day.

Can your farmer friends that you say have the world as their oyster become a MD at DBS immediately "FROM SCRATCH"? Last i heard, all new entrants farmer or otherwise start as associates.

He has a higher rank than people his age who was in the same company in the last 10 years. Which part of simple conceptual understanding do you not get? You also think he's so old ah? Please lah. People make BG at 34 yrs old. I'm quite sure he's probably even younger than you. Just that in your world you think BG must have a head full of white hair?

I found all the data you submitted gallingly erroneous.

There are OMS scholars who become consultants at Oliver Wyman, Bane, McKinsey immediately after their bonds. The pay they draw is more than those who failed to get any scholarship and worked in the private sector in the last 6 years they were in the ministries doing the highest level of policy work. The examples of them are dime a dozen.

It's also a widely known fact to anyone who's mildly educated that SAFOS are always and frequently poached, and some cases way before their service terms with SAF ends. That is why everyone knows that they regularly become CEO or directors in GLCs. It's not only widely known among the actual scholars, the people who mix with them, people who attended the top 2 JCs, even regular Joes know about it and freely talk of it on the internet. Am surprised that you seem to have just crawled out of a hole. And its not just Lee Hsien Yang. You really need to get yourself updated with current affairs.

It's not a work of elitism that high level work is done in some places, and low level work is done others. All organisations and establishments and governments in the world have the same structure. In the US there is work done at the Federal Government and lower level of power and decisions are made at the state governments and regularly overwritten by Federal decisions. I don't know why it's a concept you're ignorant of. It's the way of the world.

All the shebang you spouted about private sector is impertinent to the prior discussion you joined because we were talking about the civil service. Among the scholars collectively of both top PSC ones and the 2nd tier stat board ones themselves, they know this like they know earth is round, not flat. All the bits you yakked about life outside of it, private sector what not, sounds as smart as saying to me "Yes the earth is round, but in another galaxy, it may not be round".

You lack critical thinking skills and the ability to crunch information and compartmentalize them. Let me guess, you went to a local school?

I am a farmer, like just like why is why I have nothing against farmers.

But I do have a problem with misinformation.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app