Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you left ITE to join poly for a pay cut? is ITE really that bad? Come on, students are students, the same everywhere.

for your PB , if you just joined (say in Nov or Dec lastyear) sorry, you won't get them for your first year. You must have full year service. But you should be getting prorated increment in march. Where got backdate to Jan? increment is in Mar, ie only see it in April payslip.

Also, it is not necessary that if you hit the ceiling there is an auto promotion to next grade.; and vice versa.

meaning if you get good appraisal (meaning: suck up to bosses) then you can get promotion anytime. Conversely if your bosses don't back you, you can be at the ceiling for decades with no promotion.

I really interested to know why you join poly from ITE and take a pay cut. Poly workload is higher and expectation higher, not like ITE, everyday confirm 500pm pack up and get ready to go home. My guess is you can't stand the students??

i can stand students but some are really rowdy and disrespectful. so far here in poly the students are nicer and even though they are not the best of the students, they seem to be hardworking and serious about their future.

joined in oct.