Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2024, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Strange you quoted Ray Dalio, is this person supposed to be authoritative? It seems to me you prefer to speak in riddles, but that's perfectly fine; but being succinct might never have been a strength of yours
What a peculiar question. Is Ray Dalio such an unknown to people who are supposed to regulate the finance sector, both in Singapore and around the world? The former MAS chief, whom I respect, has publicly referenced him in speeches on more than one occasion. Investment contributions aside, I am aware that certain people follow Dalio management principles fairly religiously. As your repeated questions about MAS talent retention suggested difficulty grasping viewpoints that seemed straightforward or unequivocal from the quoted text, to be helpful I thought of recommending a well known guru on self-improvement. Guess it’s not appreciated.

As for succinctness, the response is proportionate to the original post. Where there are statements that are imbalanced or can be easily contradicted by publicly available information, would you not agree it is necessary to correct the inaccuracies - especially if you’re posting views here as a current employee of MAS (I wouldn’t know). Please don’t take it personally, it’s ok to be wrong sometimes