Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hmm been reading this thread since the beginning, and i have read various extremes to the life of an lae.

im due to grad soon in about a month's time, taking an australian degree at psb academy. I won't deny I have interest in the aircraft industry, but just not too sure if i would want to commit 8 years away. i am 25 this year, so would it be a wrong move if i do join as lae?

any friendly inputs from people who have been in the same situation are much appreciated. thanks.
I am in a situation almost similar to yours but i'm only a dip holder. They do not recgonize part time degrees.
For me, 8 years is a darn long amount of time. By joining this scheme, it sort of decides what i will do in my entire life. So for me is to weigh the amount of liking i have touching grease and other really harmful substances that could be cancerous, vapour, loud noises, shift work if you are sent to military side.
We can't choose the company we would join (st aero/susco), we can't choose what type rating we would be getting.
On the good side, you have a stable job for 8 years n beyond =)