Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2024, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can understand the frustration and disillusionment you are feeling after leaving the audit profession. It’s clear that you have valid points about the issues within the management structure and the overall quality standards. However, I believe it’s crucial to address some aspects constructively and encourage open communication.

First, if you feel so strongly about the problems within the firm, why didn't you provide feedback to management? Constructive criticism from the ground up is vital for any organisation to improve. If management doesn’t know what’s going on at the operational level, how can they address these issues?

Your insights and experiences could have been invaluable in shaping better policies and practices. I get that it might feel like management isn’t listening, but change often starts with persistent voices willing to speak up. If you are introverted, find alternative ways to communicate such as through detailed emails, anonymous feedback, or even small group discussions. It’s about ensuring that your voice is heard.

Everyone has a part to play in maintaining the quality and standards of our profession. If we remain silent about the issues we face, we inadvertently become part of the problem. Instead of just walking away and venting your frustrations afterwards, take action while you are still within the system. Propose solutions, highlight the gaps, and collaborate with your peers to present a unified front. You might be surprised at the positive changes that can occur when management is made aware of the ground realities.

By choosing to leave without trying to address these issues, you are essentially running away from the problem rather than confronting it. It’s easy to point out flaws and then step back, but it takes courage and commitment to stay and work towards a solution. If everyone took the same approach, there would never be any progress or improvement in any organisation.

I hope you consider this perspective and realise the importance of open communication and feedback. It’s through collective effort and dialogue that we can hope to see meaningful changes in our profession.
I am the OP, and all i can say is that if you truly believe i have not tried to give constructive feedback despite opening with the fact that i did not hate the job and did not mind the hours, you must be quite thick in the skull.

And also if you truly believe that despite the big4 being renowned for having a flat operating structure where the EP is just 4 ranks away from the assistants and dont know about the operational issues, you must be quite thick in the skull.

The fact is they know and just have no incentive to deal with the problem because there is no ROE after their tenure ends. And any good auditor worth his salt is a master at delaying problem solving and leaving it for the next person to clean up. Can't solve this problem this year? nevermind we try again next year, ask the team to solve. GC /impairment issue, nevermind discharge and see again next year, no reason to lose the billings from this client anyway.

Makes me think you are not in the big4, if you are take off your goggles, at the very least come to terms with the reality of things, that it is just a cut-throat business