Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2024, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if you’re reading this reply, i would like to assure you that we teachers are aware of this ‘unintended’ outcome, and is trying our best to be more inclusive and less-grade centric. i’m sorry if any of my teaching colleagues projected a contrasting stand. please give us time to re-shape the education landscape to one that is more ‘respectful’ and empathetic of differing pace. take card
I know you mean well, but as a teacher, your comment rubs me the wrong way. I do right by my stakeholders: students, parents, society. If I have done wrong, I own up and work to make it right by my stakeholders. I don’t need anyone apologising for me nor sniping from the sidelines.

The slew of critical comments have a weak basis in fact. Someone angry with teachers is spending their time googling nonsense like “teacher sex crime” to feed their biases. Minimal quantitative reasoning, fallacies like selection bias, incoherent, in other words a troll. Microsoft Copilot could do better. The problems being raised are illogical and should be dismissed out of hand, not pampered with platitudes like “give us time”. If and when angry troll comes up with valid and evidence-based criticism of the profession, then we can refer them to the HQ Comms team for a follow up on the feedback. So, please don’t apologise on my behalf (who are you to do so?) and please stop feeding the troll.