Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2024, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So literally your point that you made way earlier is too shallow without context of the role etc.
I think we can agree, paper to paper for the EXACT same role and years of experience, HR would prefer to INTERVIEW the Goldman sach etc. no doubt. Doesn’t mean Goldman sach pays better (only for front office they obviously do. For like HR and whatever else it’s literally like the same, but their bonus is only 1 month)

But in reality that doesn’t happen often right. Going to DBS to do software engineering is way better than going to Goldman sach and stuck at BAU MIS.
But never in my replies did I even talk about pay right? Why in the actual fk you keep telling me about pay?

I am talking about the prestige of the companies themselves (or in dbs’ case, the lack thereof).

Personally, having worked for 13 years, i have always chased prestige over money. Because prestige opens doors, money while important, cant secure that interview for u.

Who the fk cares you are earning 10k in dbs when HR is just going to throw your garbage resume out for a goldman sachs candidate that may only be earning 5k????