Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2024, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you very much to the poster who shared on their TWA+ experience. It's a honest and clear opinion that provides good info. A couple follow up questions (for OP or anyone else who has done TWA+):

In the TWA+, were you tasked to contribute deliverables or work on any team projects? Or was it really an exposure exercise? I understand that since our tenure may only be a few weeks, it's hard for team leads in partner orgs to meaningfully task and deploy us.

For the application outside TWA+ window, is there a separate process from the info provided via CES? In the case described above, I assume also that you went in the post-exam period and prior to PVT - does your dept still task you with marking of EOY papers? And, did you have to forecast your planned TWA+ period far in advance since most of us are down for national exam duties in post-EOY period too? Thanks!
Hello, OP here.

I think the organisation was unsure of what kind of deliverable to assign me. As I mentioned, I joined durin a lull period so there wasn't an ongoing project I could work on. So I mostly helped out with various smaller tasks and 'nice to have' tasks which the permstaff don't usually have the time to do. If you apply for an advertised TWA within their window, I'm sure there will be some kind of project you will be asked to work on.

There are only two types of application procedure: advertised TWA and self-initiated TWA. You can refer to the flowchart provided by AST in their TWA mailer.

I completed all my national and school exam duties before going. Basically my TWA fell during Term 4 Weeks 6 to 9 (you can infer which levels I teach). So I missed the scriptchecking week and some post exam activities. That's all I missed. Everything else I did as per normal. You should discuss with your RO as early as possible to avoid a situation where deployment is all firmed up already amd there's no wiggle room. I discussed my TWA with my P and RO at the start of the year.