Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2024, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Twa+

Thank you very much to the poster who shared on their TWA+ experience. It's a honest and clear opinion that provides good info. A couple follow up questions (for OP or anyone else who has done TWA+):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Exposure to a completely new sector

The place I did my TWA at had no direct link to education (people I met there kept gawking at me like I was an alien when I introduced myself as a teacher). But I had the chance to glimpse the work and was challenged (in a kind manner) to contribute during meetings even though I was a total newbie. As a result, I learnt a lot about that sector in a way I could never have otherwise.
In the TWA+, were you tasked to contribute deliverables or work on any team projects? Or was it really an exposure exercise? I understand that since our tenure may only be a few weeks, it's hard for team leads in partner orgs to meaningfully task and deploy us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To answer yr qn about managing workload, my RO basically told me I could only go at EOY after exams as it would be difficult to find a covering teacher for my classes. So I actually applied outside of the advertised TWA window which meant I entered during a lull period in the TWA organisation. So timing is a factor you may consider.. and there might be practical constraints depending on yr school. But I know of ppl who went for TWA in the middle of Term 1 and Term 2 so it's definitely not impossible.
Hope this helps
For the application outside TWA+ window, is there a separate process from the info provided via CES? In the case described above, I assume also that you went in the post-exam period and prior to PVT - does your dept still task you with marking of EOY papers? And, did you have to forecast your planned TWA+ period far in advance since most of us are down for national exam duties in post-EOY period too? Thanks!