Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2024, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustATiredManager View Post
Yes, my intention is to dismiss myths since from most comments here, most of you are still in the early stages of your careers. M3 = Year 3 Manager. It is not a very high rank, we still take meeting minutes (like interns) during BD work or Management meetings since we are the lowest ranked personnel.

I presume we are talking about the same person since she already left ACN, I was in her TD. 3 key outstanding things I rmbed:

1. Strong recommendation from both Projects (despite her a short stint in the 2nd)
2. Strong recommendation from her PL (as usual for most PLs) and other PLs who worked with her on either Projects (very rare for this to happen)
3. Concrete examples of her achievements which were not typical of As/SAs (eg led teams with interns, As, SAs and even Cs, created excel macro tools for Project to mass create test data, led triages with little support from leads, picked up new knowledge like WD very quickly, etc.)

While I am not a huge fan of the entire TD process, it does have some merits despite having “5 minutes of Fame” for 6-12 months of work. Just know that there is always “fairness” if one starts to view decisions from a higher perspective (eg business operator) while there always seem to be unfairness if one just views from an individual perspective. In other words, it is “fair” that we are all “playing” with the same “unfair” rules (as most comments seem to insinuate).

Hi Sir, while there may be some truth in what you’re saying it’s not entirely true that she’s that great to attain fast track for both ranks especially the part on SA to CL9 in a bad Financial year. To justify, I was part of the project and what I know is that her PL is her direct team manager who recommended her to WD bank project. She has been wanting to get out of the project FYI. Her PL who are friends with the manager in the other project probably put in good words for her & recommended her for promotion (which is why she got early promotion from A to SA and at the same time from SA to CL9). Friends will help one another to achieve the same objective.

Furthermore, triage/ UAT session there was a lot of help received from the technical manager (this is the legend that had helped out with any technical issues and has been in the project from the start but left ACN aldy, different person from her PL) and other Solution Architects. While it is true that she stayed back very often at work during her time with BT, the modules she was placed in-charged with have issues. And FYI she didn’t lead Consultant level, she only led interns & analyst/SAs (new joiner to the project thus no project knowledge). The macro she created did not test for all the use cases and failed at some of the use case but its fine as long as those use cases was omitted when using. Her modules that she were “in-charged” in has issues even when some of the PHIs has gone live. Poor souls in the project have to clean up part of the mess that was left by her now that she’s gone too after she took the promotion. Her stay in WD project is estimated to be around 6 months before promotion and 2 months later she left the company (total 8 mths) for whatever reason. Btw did I mention that her PL who recommended her for promotion will be getting out of BT to another project?

Promotions happened, left the project/ACN and other people have to clean up their mess. Things are not always as they seem. End of the day if you want promotion just perform slightly abv avg, better por management gao gao & if u girl it definitely helps