Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2024, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think people are just interested as it seems to be an anomaly, but if this is what some ministries are offering, it signals a change from the status quo. I'm in the Ministry of Communications and Information and to my knowledge, fresh grads all come in at MX13, with the title of Assistant Manager (years ago, it was Executive).

After their first year, there is a 'default' (if nothing goes terribly wrong) promotion to MX12, with the title of Manager.

If there are indeed ministries offering fresh grads to MX12, it would be good to know if this is happening across the board to all fresh grads in a certain batch, whether it's going to be the case from hereon, or whether there were certain criteria you or other fresh grads being offered MX12 right off the bat (as you mentioned most, not all) had to fulfil.
I agree. My previous agency also promoted all fresh grads after 1 year. Yes, it might also be the case that at times when they need more hires, they will offer MX12 or that you are in the field that is in demand and they want you to agree so they offer you a grade higher to attract you. but if you take a look at the salary range of MX13 and MX12, there is quite an overlap so those offered MX12 don't need to be too happy because you might just be getting the same pay as an MX13 and this may have some disadvantages further down the road.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app