Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2024, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"Near perfect" hahaha. And so you thought I guess. I know we're mostly teachers here but some are so delusional it's not even funny. I guess the tuition industry don't thrive for no reason or you're convinced your students all do not require tuition due to your "near perfect" lessons.

The reality I see and hear on the ground is, hardly hear of people who are near perfect. Maybe in a school in a department (maybe not even all departments) at most you have one teacher who is THAT good. And even that teacher does not always deliver "near perfect" lessons.

If you think your lessons are near perfect, you're going to stay stagnant because pedagogy constantly revolves and comfort breeds complacency. Complacency breeds mediocrity. By the way, I have done overseas trip and never for a moment I think of it as doing it for the A grade. I thoroughly enjoyed being there for the preparation of students pre trip, the briefings, the interactions etc. The thought of boosting performance grade or portfolio never did cross my mind quite frankly speaking.

If you love thinking your fellow educators in the fraternity are stupid, why don't you think the same of the person who asked the question of whether taking on overseas trip will boost performance or portfolio? Imho, if one needs to ask that question, then he or she isn't that good/capable either.

agreed, why don't just earn extra $1k to $1.5 from tuition outside of teaching time.
knock off from school on time. block out those days to not give consultations - cause those don't actually earn money.
spend time more wisely that boost your actual income with certainty.
thinking that certain projects or portfolio can give you better portfolio - that's a lot of uncertainty.