Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2024, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok yes. We don't disagree with your points, broadly speaking. This route can be useful for a fledging lawyer. It certainly won't be detrimental.

So go and find an arrangement that allows you to do such an in-house stint and thereafter bring your 6 month in-house experience back to private practice?

Not sure why you're trying so hard to convince us here about the merits of such a route? If you're so convinced that this route is advantageous and worth pursing on the merits, then just go do it? And I don't mean this sarcastically. I sincerely mean, if you truly believe in this route, then go for it.
Appreciate the reply taking my thoughts seriously.

Yes, of course, I will.

The reason I'm writing on this forum is because I'd love to know how and whether anyone has heard of such stints being pursued at this early level.

1. What can a law student say/write in their application to convince an in-house counsel to take a chance on them and let them work with them for a short stint? If you guys responding are truly in-house, and you are planning to work towards SCCA's initiative to open up legal in-house internships/placements to law students, then what would convince you to take someone on?

2. Are there any platforms (outside of the nus/smu portals, for obvious reasons) where people can apply for such stints?- I understand that MaritimeONE is one such example for internships.
at Maritime companies for in-house internships, amidst the usual law firms as well.